Summertime is here so for many people that means the next few months will be filled with travel and vacation. I know when I go out of town I still like to workout and so do many others. Don’t fret! There’s a way we can work out while on the road without loading your bags with weights (which would definitely put you over the 50 lb. limit). The way we can do this is by doing workouts with resistance bands. The good thing about the resistance bands is they are light and easy to pack. You can do a total body workout with the bands in the comfort of your room.
- Step on the resistance band with legs shoulder-width apart. Place both of your hands in the handles.
- Begin with both arms at a 90 degree angle. Make sure to have your wrists in and abs engaged.
- Contract the shoulders to straighten arms up and then lower back down.
- Step on the band and have it positioned under the middle of your food. Place both of your hands in the handles.
- Begin with both arms down at your side.
- Pull your arms straight out to your side lifting them straight up, but not past your shoulders, and then lowering them back down.
- Starting position will be on the floor with your feet out in front of you like you see in the picture.
- Wrap the band around your feet and try to sit up as straight as you can with your arms extended and hands in handles.
- Bend at the elbows and bring your arms into the body squeezing your shoulder blades.
- Return to starting position and repeat
- Step on the band and position it under the middle of your foot. Place both of your hands in the handles.
- Have both arms down to your side with your palms facing upward.
- Begin with each arm up in a flex position until your hands reach your shoulders level.
- Lower your arms back to the starting position.
- Place the band underneath the center of your feet. You want to make sure your heels are supporting the majority of your body weight.
- Lower your body into proper squat position and grab the handles.
- Position the handles just above your shoulders and then begin to raise your body by pushing from your heels.
- Just before you reach full extension lower yourself back to the starting position. Squat down as far down as you feel comfortable going.
- Start with feet hip-width apart. Take the left foot back approximately 2 feet behind you standing on the ball of your foot.
- Place the band underneath your right foot and put your hands in handles.
- You should be positioned in a staggered stance with your back and neck straight in a neutral position.
- Lower body by bending at the right hip and knee until thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Return to starting position.
- Alternate and Repeat
RESISTANCE BAND INFO
You can purchase resistance bands at any athletic sporting goods store. Also, it’s good to know the band have specific colors to represent the resistance of the band. The easiest band color is yellow, then green, red, blue and then black.
WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO
Look forward to nutrition article about great brain foods and Photo Friday. Remember to get your plyometric workouts in daily!!
Yours In Fitness,