This week’s food fact is about peanut butter. Peanut butter has several health benefits that most people are unaware of. Here is a list of a few benefits about peanut butter that you might not know:
- It helps provide us with an energy booster.
- Contains Vitamin E which cause it to be a antioxidant. Antioxidant in Vitamin E helps remove potential damaging oxidizing agents in living organisms. This can help prevent cancer, heart, and immune system diseases.
- Can help reduce cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Is high in protein and contain 8% of dietary fiber.
- Studies state it can help minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
Peanut butter is one of my go to foods when I need a snack or something that can give me some extra protein through out the day. There are several ways you can eat peanut butter such as putting it on crackers, bananas, apples, bread or just by itself. There are also many different types of peanut butter you can choose from like raw, crunchy, creamy, organic, etc. Find the type of peanut butter that works best for you and eat it throughout the week.
*If you are allergic to peanuts definitely avoid peanut butter.*