Hey Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. This weekend I enjoyed watching some great NBA playoff games. I am a huge sports fan so I love getting to this time of the year when the NBA playoffs are going on.
As far as doing push-ups? I unfortunately, due to being in a car accident last week, haven’t been able to do any push-ups. Trust me, I wish I could do them. I hope you all are still competing in our weekly challenge as we are heading towards the closing stretch in our fourth week. How are those arms looking and feeling? Get ready for the three new push-up exercises for the week which are narrow push-ups, burpee push-ups and push-up with rotations.
- Start in the basic push-up position but place your hands on the ground about 2 inches apart with your arms at your sides.
- Lower your chest as low as you can to the floor and then return to starting position keeping your elbows against your sides.
- Raise up continuing to keep your elbows in tight.
- Start in push-up position
- Lower yourself to the ground and perform a full push-up
- Return to starting position and then immediately stand or jump up and extend your arms overhead
- Return back to push-up position
PUSH-UP WITH ROTATION
- Start in regular push-up position.
- Push-up and as you reach the maximum arm extension, pick up your right arm and rotate your shoulder outward as you lift the arm up over your body.
- Keep it straight then rotate it back down into the push-up position.
- Switch Arms
WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO
Every Tuesday this month on the LMC Fitness Facebook Page we want everyone to check-in and let us all know how many push-ups you have so far. Also, we want to see your best picture of you doing a push-up. Don’t be shy! Show us what you’ve got.
Yours In Fitness,